Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Every time a bell rings, an account opens at BofA

The other day I went into my local bank to close my account. I had deeply mixed feelings about this because I like to support local businesses and I'd had an account with them since my 18th birthday. There is, however, no Santa Barbara Bank & Trust in upstate New York.

I had built-up in my mind the idea that I would go into the bank and be instantly pleaded with by the bank manager like Jimmy Stewart in It's a Wonderful Life.

"...Now, listen to me, I beg of you not to do this thing. If Potter gets a hold of this building and loan, there will never be another decent house built in this town…"

Instead, the very professional teller asked me to pay my last overdraft fee, in cash, then asked if there was anything else she could do for me. I was tempted to ask her to show just a pang of dismay.

2 comments:

  1. put it under your pillow..a goleta guy i know has over $300,000 under his. literally..kind of old school and risky but maybe the same can be said of banks

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. I charge .019 cents for my thoughts..during friday happy hours are half off any thought

    ReplyDelete