Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Canada, eh?

Lessons brought back from (less than a mile) beyond our northern border:


1. Niagara Falls would be much cooler with trees and boats being continually washed down them (à la toy boats and sticks cast into the gutter as a kid on rainy days).


2. Effeminate men are to French-Canadian game shows as large-breasted women are to Mexican ones. 


Also, French-Canadian game shows are apparently at least 10 times more complex than their American counterparts. After half an hour of secret numbers, poker-faces, v-neck shirts, and Who-Wants-to-be-a Millionaire? style questions, I still couldn't figure out even a small portion of the labyrinthine rule set of Paquet Voleur. Even the website didn't help. Humorously, I had to go to the French Wikipédia site to really get any understanding of this game. I guess that makes sense considering my typical Google query is "wiki [thing I'm curious about]".

No comments:

Post a Comment