Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Small Potatoes

In my quest to find not-entirely-legal videos, I, as is often the case, went to a somewhat sketchy Chinese website. I do not read Chinese so I had Google translate the page to English for me. Unfortunately the link was apparently broken, but I got a good dose of entertainment from the translated error message.


For an automated translation, that wasn't bad. "Oops! Do you want to visit the website does not exist." Pretty close.
I keep reading, at this point just to see how the translator managed the rest to the message, and lo and behold: potatoes!


First, I don't think this is a potato. Second, who should I contact in the event that I don't think this is a potato? Customer Service Large Potatoes perhaps?

So then I have to see if this translation goof is just an issue with Google Translate or if other services get it wrong too...



Wow. An even more cryptic response! Logically, if I think this is the potato question, I should relate the word "potato" with the seemingly unrelated words "young," "guest," and "clothing." Hmm... 

Our young guest eats potatoes while wearing clothing.
This young nudist is our guest; bring him a feast with meat and potatoes and bring him some clothing as well!
The young Lady Gaga will be a guest on our show tonight; she is reportedly wearing potato clothing!
(It's a little sad that this last sentence is the most likely to be said in real life)

Thank you internet for answering all my potato questions! Wait...

1 comment: